From: "raum no-log org" <raum no-log org>
Sent: Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 9:40
Subject: Re: [Vala] .me cast resurrection on "Re:  The future of Vala"

By the way, I think I understand Vala could be used to develop stand
alone
application (server or client side) but not for "web applications" which
used asynchronous oriented developpement.

Vala has first rate asynchronous code through the use of GLib's
GMainContext
event loop and the async keyword. The next Vala release, 0.36 at the end
of

March, will see Vala async code using GLib's GTask instead of
GSimpleAsync.
This is a significant contribution to Vala development. So anyone saying
Vala is dead is not paying close enough attention.

As for web application frameworks take a look at these two:
https://github.com/valum-framework
http://www.ambitionframework.org/wiki

Regards,

Al