Re: [Vala] Vala++

Hi Alessandro,

I really like Vala, and I also really like Rust, so don't hate me for
this post. :)

Of course not ;-)

I think the main problem is that Vala is a very small ecosystem (few
core developers, few users), ha a "proprietary" syntax, even if it's
similar to C# and is strongly oriented towards Gtk software (as it's
based on GLib)

I agree. But if Gnome REALLY put Vala to a "first class citizen", the
ecosystem would be much bigger. Instead, they favour only Javascript (Gjs).

So, on the long run, I am afraid/glad it's gonna replace Vala completely.

Don't hate me but i DON'T hope so ;-)