Re: [Vala] Vala++

Am 2017-04-03 um 02:16 schrieb Nor Jaidi Tuah:
It looks like Vala is going to have
a parallel life:

https://blogs.gnome.org/chergert/2017/03/31/rustic-gnome-day-3/

I hope the gnome+rust people succeed in
recreating the Vala awesomeness in Rust
(even if they don't name it after Vala).

I simply can't understand why the Gnome people seems to hate or at least
ignore Vala and instead promote Javascript or Rust or other weird stuff.

This makes me very unhappy.

IMHO Vala is by far the cleanest, easiest and most performant way (both
in terms of coding and running) to use GLib/Gtk.

I recently wrote a 200k LOC Gtk app and Vala did the job perfectly. No
way for Javascript, Python, C++ or even C or Rust.