Re: [Vala] Is there any usable editor for Vala?

Valencia isn't limited to vala 0.24 (I've only used it with >= 0.28), you
can build it for 0.30 by running "LIBVALA=libvala-0.30 make" (or by
modifying the Makefile).
That error probably isn't related to Valencia, I mentioned that I'm using
Gedit 3.10 because I simply don't know if it will compile and run with
newer versions of Gedit.
I never meant that you should install 3.10, I should have been more clear.

     Jonathan Moerman

I don't know what version of gedit you're using, but
https://github.com/JMoerman/valencia-1 works for me. (I'm using gedit
3.10)

I'll second this.  Gedit + Valencia have worked very nicely for me.  It's
true that there hasn't been much development of Valencia recently, but I've
found it does everything I want it to.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce that. After going through the trouble of
installing gedit 3.10 and vala 0.24 (Fedora comes with gedit 3.18 and vala
0.30) and getting Valencia to compile, it crashes gedit on startup.
$ gedit

(gedit:23465): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema
'org.gnome.nautilus.preferences' does not contain a key named
'enable-delete'
Trace/Breakpoint ausgelöst (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Cheers, Matthias