Re: [Vala] Is there any usable editor for Vala?

I don't know what version of gedit you're using, but
https://github.com/JMoerman/valencia-1 works for me. (I'm using gedit 3.10)

     Jonathan Moerman

Hi,

I wonder if you have any recommendation regarding a decent editor for Vala.
I don't need much, just code completion and "go to declaration", but I
can't seem to find anything that works. Here's the one's I've looked at:

Anjuta: Imported the vala compiler as an autotools project, but neither
code completion nor go to declaration works.
Gnome Builder: crashes as soon as I open a .vala file.
Geany: completion only suggests bogus (i. e. it offers methods that don't
exist, doesn't offer the ones that do etc.).
vala tools for gedit: not tried, but seems dead (last release was five
years ago)
valencia: also seems dead, couldn't get it to compile
MonoDevelop: Vala support seems to have been removed
Valama: Completion works! It also has 100% CPU usage at all times,
millions of "self != NULL" assertion failures, no way to import existing
code, it is slow and if a "go to declaration" feature exists, I couldn't
find it. So it's also not really usable.

What do you guys use to hack the vala compiler?