Re: [Vala] Is there any usable editor for Vala?

Hi,

A recent version of Anjuta compiled with Vala support enabled does pretty
well on code completion and go to declaration, and has the best debugger
for Vala that I've come across, albeit with a need to understand the C
structures produced by the Vala compiler.

However, for significant coding tasks (other than error fixes) I by far
prefer sublime text 3 with the Vala textmate bundle and ctags installed.
Of course if you use a Mac, then Textmate might be an alternative, but I
haven't tried it.  Make sure you set the ctags executable to use
anjuta-ctags (installed with Anjuta), which understands vala code and
generates suitable tags files.

I tried Valama a while back but couldn't get it to work with Vala on my box
(Mint 17).

Atom might also work, but I haven't tried it recently.

So my tools of choice are Anjuta for debugging and for compile error fixes
and other small changes, and Sublime Text 3 for most of my editing.

Good luck!

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Matthias Berndt <Matthias_Berndt gmx de>