[Vala] Debugging Vala w/ CMake

I want to start debugging my Vala code so a simple good turned up some
pretty easy directions, the only problem is I can't seem to integrate those
directions with CMake.

The instructions I found on the Vala webiste actually work very well for
the example given [1]. My problem is when combining those with the CMake
files from Jakob Westhoff [2] that are so popular these days, I always get
the error that you can't combine the valac option -C with --save-temps.

Does anyone know a way to do both without breaking my existing CMake setup?

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala/Tutorial#Debugging
[2] https://github.com/steveno/balistica/tree/master/cmake

Steven N. Oliver