Re: [Vala] Gee [ANNOUNCE] Libgee 0.8.0 - GObject collection library

Hello Maciej,

can you point me to an example for gee's functional iterators and usage
example in in functional style?

Thank you!
JM

Am Montag, den 24.09.2012, 22:26 +0200 schrieb Maciej Piechotka:
On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 22:14 +0200, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
We are very pleased to announce version 0.8.0 of Libgee, the GObject
collection library.

Libgee 0.8.0 is now available for download at:
    http://download.gnome.org/sources/libgee/0.8/

Also please note that now Libgee has its own mailing-list
    http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/libgee-list
and its own #gee IRC channel.

New in 0.8.0
------------

  * Fix Traversable.chop (bug #684348)
  * Remove unnecessary method
  * Update README
  * Move everything to GenericAccessor

Yay. I knew I've forgotten about something. Above are changes since
0.7.90 instead of 0.6 branch. The cool new features include:

 * Functional iterators enabling users to write efficient and clear code
in functional style
 * Introducing the lock-free list implementation (EXPERIMENTAL for 0.8)
 * Adding ArrayQueue
 * Introduction of Lazy values
 * Allow to query about state of iterator
 * Port to Vala mixins enabling future-proofing of ABI and API

Libgee is a collection library providing GObject-based interfaces and
classes for commonly used data structures.

Libgee provides the following interfaces:

     * Traversable
           o Iterable
                 + Collection
                       # List
                             * BidirList
                       # Set
                             * SortedSet
                                 o BidirSortedSet
                       # MultiSet
                       # Queue
                             * Deque
                 + Map
                       # SortedMap
                             * BidirSortedMap
           o Iterator
                 + BidirIterator
                       # BidirListIterator
                 + ListIterator
                       # BidirListIterator
     * MultiMap

The ArrayList, ArrauQueue, ConcurrentLinkedList HashSet, HashMap, HashMultiSet,
HashMultiMap, LinkedList, PriorityQueue, TreeSet, TreeMap,
TreeMultiSet, and TreeMultiMap classes provide a reasonable sample
implementation of those interfaces. In addition, a set of abstract
classes are provided to ease the implementation of new collections.

Around that, the API provide means to retrieve read-only views,
efficient sort algorithms, simple, bi-directional or index-based mutable
iterators depending on the collection type.

Libgee is written in Vala and can be used like any GObject-based C
library. It's planned to provide bindings for further languages.

More information about Vala is available at

         http://live.gnome.org/Libgee

Maciej Marcin Piechotka