Re: [Vala] Operating system project

This is very interesting. Also, in case you didn't know, I'd like to point
you to elementary OS: http://elementaryos.org/
I believe your project might be sharing some ideas with elementary OS, like
using mainly Vala.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Drake Miller <kedos project gmail com>wrote:

Operating system project

Hi all ,
I've been working on a new OS called "Kedos"
Its an ubuntu based distribution with independent apps made by "Kedos Team"
I've chose Ubuntu Precise pangolin as a system base because its a powerful
OS , with an LTS Support so users will be able to get updates for a years
from now .

Kedos is a really simple project , that works on simplifying linux and add
ability to do a lot of things with no need to use Terminal .

It uses apps that are made by "Kedos team" with vala programming language
in order to control the design of the apps add some powerful features, for
example: Widget Center and Notification center in Kedos window manager
"Dropd".

I've improved application designing with a framework API  that contains
all what developer needs to build a great application , and with a simple
framework API we could decrease the time that developer needs to build an
app.

We could also use API's from a great tools like "Gtk , Clutter , etc ..."
to create a such great simple and powerful apps.

I have finished a lot of tools and apps for kedos using Celeste framework
and And other tools.

And They are available on launchpad   :
Http://www.launchpad.net/~kedos-project

And now i'm currently working on a HIG for kedos
I'll link it on launchpad as soon as it get finished

Screenshots of current desktop;

http://www.deviantart.com/download/333587974/kedos_screenshot_by_sakoka3-d5ily4m.png

http://www.deviantart.com/download/333589695/another_kedos_screenshot_by_sakoka3-d5ilzgf.png

Video showing window manager :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGrOSexX1Y

Thank you very much for being interested in the project
Email me if you want to collaborate.
Drake miller

Sincerely ,
Drake miller