From: Drake Miller <kedos project gmail com>
Sender: vala-list-bounces gnome org
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 01:08:59
To: vala-list gnome org<vala-list gnome org>
Subject: [Vala] Operating system project

Operating system project

Hi all ,
I've been working on a new OS called "Kedos"
Its an ubuntu based distribution with independent apps made by "Kedos Team"
I've chose Ubuntu Precise pangolin as a system base because its a powerful OS , with an LTS Support so users
will be able to get updates for a years from now .

Kedos is a really simple project , that works on simplifying linux and add ability to do a lot of things with
no need to use Terminal .

It uses apps that are made by "Kedos team" with vala programming language in order to control the design of
the apps add some powerful features, for example: Widget Center and Notification center in Kedos window
manager "Dropd".

I've improved application designing with a framework API  that contains all what developer needs to build a
great application , and with a simple framework API we could decrease the time that developer needs to build
an app.

We could also use API's from a great tools like "Gtk , Clutter , etc ..." to create a such great simple and
powerful apps.

I have finished a lot of tools and apps for kedos using Celeste framework and And other tools.

And They are available on launchpad   :
Http://www.launchpad.net/~kedos-project

And now i'm currently working on a HIG for kedos
I'll link it on launchpad as soon as it get finished

Screenshots of current desktop;
http://www.deviantart.com/download/333587974/kedos_screenshot_by_sakoka3-d5ily4m.png
http://www.deviantart.com/download/333589695/another_kedos_screenshot_by_sakoka3-d5ilzgf.png

Video showing window manager :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQGrOSexX1Y

Thank you very much for being interested in the project
Email me if you want to collaborate.
Drake miller

Sincerely ,
Drake miller