Re: [Vala] using different versions of vala

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 18:09 -0800, Rich Rodecker wrote:
Showing how out of my element I am here, but I just installed two versions
of vala:  .16 and .18.  I understand that I can target the specific
versions by including the version number:  "valac-0.18 ...", but how can I
use just "valac" and have it use .18 instead of .16?

If you installed from a package your distribution will generally have a
way to switch versions (e.g., update-alternatives in Debian).  If that
is the case you should ask in a distribution-specific forum (web forum,
mailing list, IRC, etc.).

If you installed from tarballs, valac is just a symlink to the
valac-0.XX.  Just remove the old symlink and create a new one to the
desired executable.

Evan