[Vala] using tracker for other tasks

hi all

Ive been working on a vala app that requires complex data,
and found RDF was close to what i need.

I was pondering Redland and Rasqal but they seem overkill
for what i want.

This app is purely local and doesn't need externally
defined ontologies or any of the Semantic Web overhead.

So i started writing an RDF-ish store over sqlite
and was pondering whether i needed a SPARQL-ish queryer.

Then i found tracker which also uses vala
  http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/
and has implemented a store and SPARQL queryer.

In trackers' README i see...

  * Comprehensive one stop solution for all applications needing
  an object database, powerful search (via RDF Query), first class
  methods, related metadata and user-definable metadata/tags.

This is what i need.
But i can't find instructions on how to use it.
(though ive only been looking for a day).

Also i don't want to store my apps data in the same store
as trackers desktop meta-data.

So my question is...
Can i cleanly connect to the tracker code in vala
and just use it's store & query?
Can i store that data elsewhere from wherever tracker stores it's data?

More generally, a vala lib that supplies a local RDF store and SPARQL
queryer for desktop apps would be a very useful addition.
Does such exist? Is tracker suitable?

perusing the code it looks like libtracker-sparql may be the answer

however it doesn't seem to provide a way to use a different store
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libtracker-sparql/unstable/tracker-overview-connection-methods.html
http://library.gnome.org/devel/libtracker-sparql/unstable/tracker-examples-readonly.html

-billy