Re: [Vala] Feasibility of application development using Dova profile

Il giorno ven, 21/01/2011 alle 15.19 +1030, James Moschou ha scritto:
Hi,

I am wondering what would happen if you tried to write an
(substantial) application using the Dova profile. I read somewhere
that you can't mix Dova and GObject, but what does this mean exactly?
Does it just mean you can't subclass GObject classes, because surely
you could still call GObject methods as they're just C functions.
Would all the existing vapi interfaces still work?

It means that all the vapi files that depends on GObject or GLib won't
work. You need to rewrite vapi (or a part of them) without using any
GLib facility.