Re: [Vala] Dova profile documentation

Il giorno ven, 21/01/2011 alle 01.01 -0300, Erick Pérez Castellanos ha
scritto:
Hi list:

As I'm reading the list the last couples of days, and the benchmarks thread
we had, I start to look for Dova profile, and what it does. With os much
luck, I have found nothing.
I intend to try some simple program, with gobject profile, and the same with
dova profile and check the differences in C generated source, but the others
hackers around shouldn't need to do this in order to understand how this
work.

Can someone here get me some tips ? And put it in live.gnome.org/Vala so
everyone out there can reach it.

I've not an account there, however for a start you need at least to
download dova-core from [1], and other dova utils [2] if needed.

Then just code looking at the dova-*.vapi files that you have installed
for reference (pay attention that it lacks of many feautres of the glib
profile, like the string syntax @".. $var", for example, the printf and
so on!). Finally you just need to compile using:
        valac my-dova-test.vala --profile=dova
Check the valac messages for fixing your code if needed, always looking
at the vapi files. CC would generate many warnings by the way...

Bye.

[1] http://gitorious.org/dova/dova-core
[2] http://gitorious.org/dova