Re: [Vala] Vala logo symbol voting

ok, i'll try that.
after choosing a symbol, there should be a voting on the logo text too,
so thanks a lot for the proposal.
for now: ignore all the text and focus on the symbols ;)

tobias

2011/8/27 august <august alien mur at>

Hi Tobias, All,

       I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion here.  I find all of
the
       graphics you've made to be very professional.  I really like the
wing
       and definitely prefer the 2 tone graphic over glass effects.

       I was only wondering if it would be possible to see the wings with
       another text graphic below it.  The "vala" with the sharp edges kind
       of turns me off.  Vala is more of a rounded and soft word with lots
       of vowels.  It rolls off the tongue.  The graphic I see in your
       logos, however, expresses a lot of consonants and pointedness.  To
       me, the current text graphic contradicts the forgiving and welcoming
       feel of the vala language.  To me, vala takes the snagging edges out
       of programming.  It's a more human and organic language, less
       machine.

       Would it be possible to round off the points on the text graphic?
       I'm not sure it would be better, but I think it would be interesting
       to see.  For sure, it will set other things in the logo out of
       balance, but it just might fit the wings better.

       best -august.

Tobias Bernard say:
Hi

Since there were no further comments on the logo drafts, I thought I'd
propose to vote on the logo symbol.
here <http://ubuntuone.com/p/1DBL/>'s a revised version of the logo
symbol
part of my proposal document <http://ubuntuone.com/p/1AW8/> (alternative
download <
http://tobias.bluestain.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/vala01.pdf>
)

I don't know how you organize votings here, so I have some questions on
that:
What is needed to start an official voting?
Is there a some kind of a leader who offcially announces votings?
Who is allowed to vote and how many people need to vote to take a
decision?

After thinking a bit more about it, I changed certain poposals, deleted
others and added new ones. Of course I tried to always keep your feedback
in
mind. So here's the changes in detail:

1) Putting the symbol inside a circle for the main logo is a bad idea. In
some cases the symbol could be used this way, but as a variant, not as
the
main one. This is why I deleted all proposals inside a circle.

2) The symbolism of "ancient warfare" is hard to understand. Probably too
hard to be understood instantly by most people, so I put that proposal
away
too.

3) The simplicity of the first proposal (horizontal wing) was liked by
many,
so I added a similar symbol with a simple vertical wing.

4) Thanks to XY, I used your idea for proposal 04, however I am still not
sure if
 a) The V is readable
 b) The wing is recognizable

   I thought I'd let the community decide this by voting ;)

I'm looking forward to hear from you, so the votings can begin.
Of course,  any kind of feedback is welcome and any changes can be made
the current proposals.

kind regards
tobias