Re: [Vala] Custom Sqlite Aggregate function..

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:

Have you tried GNOME Data Access to use SQLite and other DBMS without
modify your code?

See at:
http://live.gnome.org/ChooseLibgdaSQLite

and

http://www.gnome-db.org/

Hope you take some time to see it.

And now GDA is improving its usage from GObjectIntrospection[1] to use
gracefully from languages other than C, like Python and JavaScript!!!

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GObjectIntrospection

Indeed! I am actually very fond of libgda.. In fact, I contributed a set of
vapi bindings that were even included in a release. (A long time ago) Not to
mention, Vivien has also closed a ticket or two for me regarding the Oracle
drivers. (also a long time ago) So, very familiar with it, in fact.. :D

The tool I'm making now is extremely small/light weight (console app) and
gda is a bit overkill. In fact, now that I have it working, my next step is
to try and actually port it to the posix or dova (vala) profile. Getting
glib/gda and their dependencies installed on our servers is going to be a
challenge. (politically) So the fewer dependencies, the better..

Glad to hear the GObjectIntrospection is coming along w/ libgda.. I've been
too busy to continue my work on my libgda application, which means the vala
bindings too. One of these days I hope to get back to it though.

Appreciate the response!

Shawn