[Vala] Fwd: Re: xml-rpc-c with Vala/Genie

Pancake, I asked the developer of xmlrpc-c (Bryan Henderson) about my problem. Which by the way occurs even with your example vala code with calls to xmlrpc-c methods that return arrays and of course all the calls that I want to use it for :-(. Bryan was most helpful, it looks like the method used for handling arrays in your bindings is using a depreciated method in the xmlrpc-c library that doesn't do proper reference counting.

Although I have no idea what I am doing... I will have a play with the bindings to see if I can get it going. Perhaps a bit early to commit the bindings to the vala code repository until it's stable - otherwise just more work for Evan.

Phil
--- Begin Message ---
Well, amazingly enough since I have no idea how that constructing and
destructing works, I see the problem:  There is a reference to
libxmlrpc function xmlrpc_array_get_item().  This is obsolete and nobody
should call it.  It should be xmlrpc_array_read_item() instead.  That
does proper reference counting.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California

--- End Message ---