Re: [Vala] Five bugs in Vala integration

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 20:37 +0200, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 20:02 +0200, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
Unfortunately no. "Starting with version 0.7.0, Vala supports the
preprocessing directives #if, #elif, #else, and #endif."

http://live.gnome.org/Vala/FAQ#Does_Vala_have_a_preprocessor.3F

Well, that's a blow, but it's not necessarily the end of portable
derived sources, iff developers are careful to never (ab)use this
feature to create nonportable derived sources.

Yes, when using Vala with Automake, the idea is that the derived sources
are always portable, and #if shouldn't be used to handle configure
options or similar.

That's a blow for me too. I was hoping that all those #ifs
go straight to the c files so that there are ./configurable.

I suggest valac should have an option for the #ifs to be
retained in the c files.

hand
Nor Jaidi Tuah