Re: [Vala] development for 0.12

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 00:35 -0700, Evan Nemerson wrote:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I think there is a pretty big problem
with this... When you roll a dist tarball, the Vala code will be
compiled to C with *your* valac, and the resulting C code will not
contain both versions.

This is true, however, this shouldn't be an issue in this case, where
you just want to support building your application with multiple Vala
versions. As long as both versions work the same, you don't care what
Vala version it was built with.

If you add features to #if VALA_0_12, the maintainers will need to make
sure to build the dist tarball with a recent Vala version. I don't
expect this to be a problem as I don't expect the maintainers to add
features to #if VALA_0_12 code if they don't use a recent Vala version
anyway.

Jürg