[Vala] development for 0.12

In the new versioning system of Vala many programs using libvala get broken
because of the internal API changes. What is the recommended way to release
and develop them?

I have been working lately in gtkaml in order to add support for vala 0.12
and add support to the new syntax 'gtkon'. Next work will be to add 'gtkaml'
like 'vala' (to compile+run) and fast vapi support.

Next release of gtkamlc will be for 0.12 only, and I would like to not
be limited to a single version of the compiler if the distributions does
not provide them.

How are distros going to manage this? Is debian going to package vala-0.10
and vala-0.11 simultaneiously? Or do they will wait until 0.12 gets released?

I personally prefer to keep my programs working with the latest version of
the compiler, but I understand that this may break many builds if the system
does not have the correct compiler version.

Thanks

--pancake