Re: [Vala] Do you think that re-use "web-based library" in client side framework?

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 21:48:21 +0900, san hoi wrote:
I try to use python library in genie, (I choose simply process kick aproach...)
and so I face two problem.

1. equivarent code in genie that os.poppen("python output_token_value.py")
2. definition style infomation in genie (from pygments.styles.colorful
import ColorfulStyle part)

I'd like to port following code to genie.
http://snipplr.com/view/40019/pygments-in-pygtk/

Why do you want to do that? You'll need python anyway and GUI code is rarely
performance critical, so you can't really gain much writing the GUI in genie
rather than python. Of course unless you have existing GUI written in C or
vala/genie that you want to integrate with.

The best I can suggest than is to write a python script to generate the pango
markup (already expanded to specity fonts, colors and style rather than
defining them separately as the sample does) and execute that as subprocess
using the GLib.Process.spawn_async_with_pipes method.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>