Re: [Vala] Vala Using Gnu Build Tools

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 13:28 +0200, Çağlar wrote:
"I'm the author of vala toys and the actual mantainer of
gen-project ;)"
 Woopsss :-\ My bad... I didn't check the names before :)

By the way, there is a little tiny bug if you are using different
encoding.
Such as, if your distribution language set as Turkish or other
character set and if you choose the project name like "instant", Upper
case of "instant" might be different from English one :) gen-project
makes the project name variable as "İNSTANT" :)

Coz upper case of "i" is "İ" in some languages and this makes an error
at configure and project cannot be created. In this case, I set LANG
variable from shell as English before calling the process.
I can add this problem to issue list on the project board If you want.

This is a variation of a known gen-project bug:
http://code.google.com/p/vtg/issues/detail?id=85

I updated the bug with your case so it won't get lost.

Anyway, I've to admit that I have very little free time so I don't know
if I can fix it and release vala toys (and gen-project) before the end
of this year. I will try ;)

"I also made another simple template with libsoup dependency and
here all went fine and works very well."

If the files are missing, I think I might be send old templeate to
you :(
I checked your file you have attached but I need to check a few
things.

Thank you so much for your interest :)

You are welcome.

Ciao,
        Andrea

2010/11/4 Andrea Del Signore <sejerpz tin it>
        On Thu, 2010-10-28 at 16:06 +0300, Çağlar wrote:
        > Here we go ...

        As promised here the response...

        > It's the same structure under /usr/share/vtg/template
        > There is an ini file and image  file under the same root
        folder. But
        > it doesn't matter.

        Yes, but they should be there anyway, for now I copied some
        ini / png
        from vala gen project.

        > You can check the link
        > http://code.google.com/p/vtg/wiki/ValaGenProject for more
        info about
        > how 2 create a template for vata toys for gedit.

        I'm the author of vala toys and the actual mantainer of
        gen-project ;)

        These the results of my tests:

        1) besides the two missing files (ini / png) that you were
        already aware
        the template works well here

        2) I also made another simple template with libsoup dependency
        and here
        all went fine and works very well.

        I attached the two tar files for you to take a look, to use
        with
        vala-gen-project just untar them in your
        ~/.local/share/gen-project/templates folder

        Ciao,
               Andrea