Re: [Vala] Vala does not register string[] properties

Hello,

2010/3/26 Julian Andres Klode <jak jak-linux org>:
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 08:18:14PM +0100, Abderrahim Kitouni wrote:
Hi,

2010/3/25 Julian Andres Klode <jak jak-linux org>:
Hi,

string[] properties are not installed via g_object_class_install_property (),
which makes it impossible for json-glib to deserialize objects with array
members.
I'm having the exact problem, with the exact use case [1], I was just
too lazy to  post it :-)
[...]
[1] I'm using json-glib to implement a vala parser for BuilDj
http://live.gnome.org/BuilDj

Exactly the same here. The attachment shows how to do this without
fixing Vala by using the function:
[...]
To set the input; but only if it is not set already (in
case later Vala versions work correctly with json-glib).
I was doing something similar, the only difference is that I was
setting it unconditionally. btw, your solution wouldn't avoid
duplicate processing either, as nullable string[] probably wouldn't be
registered with gobject anyway (or at least not registered as
G_TYPE_STRV as json-glib expects it).

The attachment contains some early work on a build system
called VBuilDj (LGPL-2.1+ licensed) which uses BuilDj files
to build projects.
Interesting, but it may be too early to start implementing it. (The
format of the project file is going to be a subset of YAML instead of
JSON. There may be also some changes to the format, although these
shouldn't be too much).

btw, I've written a simple plugin for anjuta [1], so not much
duplicate effort :-)
I was thinking about reusing realise [2], which has started by
developing a core rather than the interface, However it needs to be
ported from libcore to libgee (and remove the XML interface as it's
the only thing that doesn't exist in Gee afaik).

Regards,
Abderrahim

[1] just a screenshot for now, I don't think it's in in releasable state.
http://ln-s.net/5L9n
[2] https://launchpad.net/realise/