Re: [Vala] Fail to generate C code for following vala code, is this a bug?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 19:28:30 +0800, PCMan wrote:
Thanks you guys for the help.
I use my own modified version of gio.vapi and remove the *_finish
functions from those interfaces. Then, it works.
Although I don't know why it works. Thank you again.

Because they shouldn't be there.

The 'async' function is really a pair of functions. The main one, that starts
the work and the _finish one, that collects the results.

Now before vala got async function support, those two functions were bound
separately and used manually just like you'd use them in C. And when the
.vapi was updated to use the async feature, the _finish functions were simply
forgotten there.

--
                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb ucw cz>