Re: [Vala] Genie, subclassing and some help!

Hello,

2010/6/28, Andrew <rugby471 gmail com>:
 Just two more questions:

 1) I have to use the code below to do what I want it to, can I put this
 in the init of the class cuz it doesn't appear to work

 def create_indicator()
    var ind = new wAppIndicator("wasiliana-wapp", "indicator-messages",
 Category.APPLICATION_STATUS)
    ind.set_status(Status.ACTIVE)
    ind.set_attention_icon("indicator-messages-new")

    var menu = new Menu()

    for i:int = 1 to 3
        var buf = "Test-undermenu"
        var menu_items = new MenuItem.with_label(buf)
        menu.append(menu_items)
        menu_items.show()

    ind.set_menu(menu)
    Gtk.main()

Gtk.main() should be in your "main" function (the init block of the
program), other than that you can do as you like (on a side note, if
you don't put any code in the subclass, why subclassing in the first
place).

 2) Perhaps related, in the main.gs file, I have:

 init
    Gtk.init(ref args)
    create_indicator()
    Gtk.main()

 However, if I don;t put the Gtk.main() in the function above (rather
 than the init), it doesn't work. Why is this/is this on purpose?
I don't understand this sentence, and what you mean by doesn't work.
But Gtk.main() should definietely be in the main init block.

I'm not sure of what you want, and I don't know how is the library
supposed to work : do you need to call some method to make the
indicator appear? etc.
Looks like this is no longer a vala issue.

Regards,
Abderrahim