Re: [Vala] Where does monodevelop-vala hide C code?

Hey Nigel,

Indeed if not told to keep the temporary files, valac will by default remove
them after a compile.

if compiling from the command line (which I highly recommend [1]), do the
following:
valac --save-temps <other stuff> file.vala

I presume you have checked the MonoDevelop "project settings" dialog for
compiler flags?
pass it "- - save - temps" with the spaces removed. (i put in the spaces so
you can see its
a double - at the start..)

-Harry

[1]: Reasons include: Cross platform compilation, independence from .NET/CLR
style stuff,
understanding, and independence from MonoDevelop itself. I should say I
quite liked it to start
off, used it for about a month, and then realized that its not the way to go
(for me).