[Vala] information on dova

Hi list,
I was wondering if anyone could give me or point me at some information
on dova and its aims. I've been googling for quite some time now and
read a bit of code in the gitorous repo. Of course, I also found the
page on live.gnome.org.
But I still don't know the difference between GObject and dova. What new
features will there be in dova, are dova objects compatible with
GObjects in a way?
Can dova by any chance be considered GObject 2.0?
The ability to closely work with gobject libraries is a big benefit of
vala, what kind of improvements will the dova framework earn us?
Scripting is also mentioned on live.gnome.org - will there be a JIT-like
approach?
I hope I didn't bother you with question the have already been
answered... apart from one very short mail on this list and the somewhat
shallow live.gnome.org page I really didn't find anything that describes
the aims of dova.
I guess there might be many developers interested in this project given
its tremendous potential impact on the gnome world!

regards
andi