Re: [Vala] enum values and scopes

I can imagine a somewhat "dwimmy" feature to support what you want without
actually causing any conflicts, but it would be a bit complicated. The idea
is that when the compiler encounters an unknown symbol and it would know from
the context what type it wants to convert it to (because it's argument to
function or operator of known type), it would look for constant members of
that type.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
And when DWIM meets clear definition and determinism that's heaven isn't
it? :)
Well, it was a suggestion and if people find it less comfortable and
more confusing there's no point in implementing it. The difference to C#
is a strong point, too.

regards
andi