Re: [Vala] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Chipmunk Bindings

tecywiz121 píše v Út 13. 07. 2010 v 22:35 -0400:
On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 03:31 +0200, Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
tecywiz121 píše v Út 13. 07. 2010 v 20:32 -0400:
Hello vala people,

I am rather proud to announce my first slightly useful project: Chipmunk
Bindings! [0]

Hello.
From the quick look at the bindings, I can't say I like them too much.
Using vapigen for non-GObject library isn't a very good choice,

I am using vapigen as more of a proof-of-concept to show that it is
possible to automatically bind non-gobject libraries.

Sure, there is nothing that would make it impossible. The problem is
it's difficult to automatically sort out the methods and stuff. That is,
unless you make every library author in the world use the same naming
and coding conventions, using automated tools for everything isn't
useful. :)

The naming
problem (and the missing functions) comes from gen-introspect messing up
and not from vapigen.

Well, I mean the whole automated binding toolset. vapigen was just the
shortest name to type. ;)

and it
causes some problems I see (static functions at the bottom).

You are absolutely correct, they are now fixed. My bad :P

Yes, it
does take a little more time to write bindings by hand, but in such
cases, it pays off.
In any case, following Vala naming conventions + some reasonable
namespace name would be nice. :)

Writing bindings by hand would have been MUCH faster in this case.  I
see using vapigen as a learning experience for me, so I can improve it
in the future if I want.

That's good! Not a very good pick of a library to do that with, but
good! Keep at it.

Thanks for the feedback!

You're welcome :)