Re: [Vala] Patching valac source for a Launchpad PPA
- From: Michael Wild <themiwi users sourceforge net>
- To: Darren Warner <vala-list dazwin com>
- Cc: vala-list <vala-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Vala] Patching valac source for a Launchpad PPA
- Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:42:43 +0200
On 27. Apr, 2010, at 24:14 , Darren Warner wrote:
Apologies, this is a Launchpad question, but it is quite vala-specific.
I'm uploading a patched valac to my own launchpad PPA. The problem I'm coming across is that the timestamps
of the generated/included .c files must be later than their corresponding .vala files, otherwise the build
process tries to invoke valac, which of course is not there in a PPA/pbuilder environment.
I've tried not using quilt to maintain patches and simply made the changes to the source tree, but both
.vala and .c files still get updated timestamps.
I'm thinking this must be a problem maintainers of vala packages have already come across and solved, so
any help would be appreciated.
How about first touching all .c and .h files before invoking make in your build rule?
] [Thread Prev