Re: [Vala] Thoughts on asynchronous methods

On Sat, 2009-09-12 at 14:16 +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
On Saturday 12 September 2009 13:34:27 Jürg Billeter wrote:
I agree with you here. The reason I've chosen `yields' is that I've
initially thought that the same syntax could be used for more generic
coroutine support. However, the focus was always on asynchronous methods
and there is no plan to integrate generic coroutine with the same syntax
anymore.

That's kind of sad. What is the plan towards generic coroutines then, if any?

It's planned to support generators using yield statements. Generator
methods will not need any special method modifiers at all, though, so
this shouldn't influence the modifier used for async methods.

Missing async dbus on server side is a showstopper for us here, is there a
away I could fake/wrap that in the meantime until it's there?

I've just added initial support for async D-Bus server methods. Let me
know if you find any issues.

Jürg