[Vala] SDL error: SDL_gfxPrimitive.h not found

I followed the instructions indicated here
http://live.gnome.org/Vala/SDLSample and got the following error:

/sdl-sample.vala.c:9:31: error: SDL_gfxPrimitives.h: No such file or
directory
error: cc exited with status 256
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

*sdl-sample.vala is the name I gave to my file. sdl-sample.c is the
parsed C file.

I verified and there is a SDL_gfxPrimitive.h file in the same directory
where one (and the compiler) can find SDL.h. Both are included in the C
renders in the following way:

#include <SDL.h>
#include <SDL_gfxPrimitive.h>

But only the second one gives an error. Note that the last like which
gives the error is the same referred to as sdl-sample.vala.c:9:31.
--
Best regards,
Wolter Hellmund