Re: [Vala] Realize - proto2

2009/11/20 pancake <pancake youterm com>:
I don't see any complication in using libvala to convert from vala to
C in memory and then use libtcc to execute the generated C code
at runtime.

I was looking at libjit few days ago and it can be also used as a
backend to generate assembly code on runtime (but it can be also
used as a compiler backend to generate binaries). Thr problem here
is that the final code will be much more inefficient than the one
generated by gcc or llvm.

Why is that? I would generally assume that a good JIT compiler would
outperform a statically compiled program on most use cases?

--
Cheers,
Mikkel