is not interpreted. Contrary on Mono the source is compiled to byte
code but byte code is still mainly interpreted (except when JIT kicks
in).

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Abderrahim Kitouni
<a kitouni gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

2009/11/18 JustFillBug <mozbugbox yahoo com au>:
On 2009-11-17, Abderrahim Kitouni <a kitouni gmail com> wrote:
All the programing language should have python's "battery included
libraries" bundled. Users should not have to go around to look for basic
libraries themselves.

We should run down python's reference library and create the equivalent
libraries either by wrapping existing library or write new one in vala.

The "standard library package" can be shipped separately from the
libvala if needed.
I agree that GLib is not Vala-ish (e.g. non refcounted compact
classes), but I think it's relatively complete, what I miss is the
interactive interpreter : if Vala could have something like Mono's
csharp-repl, it would be very useful for e.g. quickly playing with the
apis, write little scripts (maybe in Genie if that's easier)

Abderrahim

[1] http://www.mono-project.com/CsharpRepl