Re: [Vala] Compile failed because of libgee.

bharani deepan wrote:
On 11/17/2009 06:02 PM, G.S.Alex wrote:
It seems that I've meet some problems with libgee.
The sample code works fine. But when I try to compile Vala toy for gedit and
Vala plugin for anjuta, it syas:

symbol.vala:23.7-23.9: error: The namespace name `Gee' could not be found
using Gee;
       ^^^

I've looked into the makefile.am and find that there is no " --pkg gee-1.0
". But when I add it manually ,  errors change to :

utils.vala:40.21-40.37: error: `ArrayList' is an ambiguous reference between
`Vala.ArrayList' and `Gee.ArrayList'
         var results = new ArrayList<string>  ();
 I too have the same error.
But i  have no error when i downgrade to the previous version of vala.

There was a mandatory change needed in Vala to hide to collections the vala compiler internally use. This was creating collision with tools using libvala but needing to use the (more complete) libgee collections. One example of such tool is Valadoc.

Before, it was defined in the 'Gee' namespace. To solve that problem, now the internal collections classes of valac are directly defined in the 'Vala' namespace.

Please request the vtg and anjunta authors to update their package for the latest Vala.

OR fix it yourself by removing all the "using Gee;" statements in the sources of both these tools. And please give some patches to the maintainers of those tools as this is maybe the third time I hear such complains on the Vala ML.

Best regards, Didier.