Re: [Vala] Compile failed because of libgee.

2009/11/19 bharani deepan <bharanideepan gmail com>:
On 11/17/2009 06:02 PM, G.S.Alex wrote:

It seems that I've meet some problems with libgee.
The sample code works fine. But when I try to compile Vala toy for gedit
and
Vala plugin for anjuta, it syas:
[...]

Could anyone help me ? Thanks a lot.

 I too have the same error.
But i  have no error when i downgrade to the previous version of vala.

As Didier explained, this is a change in Vala's internal collections
classes. I fixed the bug in the Anjuta plugin.

But I'd like to know, what's the best thing to do in these cases?
always update to the latest vala as soon as it's released (and
document which revision works with wich version of vala), or wait for
the new version to be more widely used, or some other strategy?

Abderrahim

PS: I've never announced the anjuta plugin on this list, it's here:
http://bitbucket.org/abderrahim/anjuta-vala/