Re: [Vala] Removal of Mono

All of this anti mono and anti anti mono trolling or whatever isn't really important.
The important part is that vala has a real chance to gain some ground on the gnome desktop here.

The original post by Sam was a good idea. As a member of the vala community you shouldn't care how or why people don't want mono. What you should care about is that their is a potential for vala to gain some users/developers. Some of these users/developers may be mono haters - who cares. I'm positive that everyone here can put aside personal "religious" (oh gosh...) differences and work together on making vala better/more popular. The goal here is to see vala grow. No need to bring any flames, not even any need to talk about mono really - just (as Sam said) keep in mind that there could be a whole new target audience of vala users/developers out there (and we should capitalize on that).

And just to be 100% clear that i'm not a "mono hater" or whatever I code in c# all day long every day (at work). I do like vala and want to see it become the dominant language on the gnome desktop.

Just my 2 cents anyways.