Re: [Vala] Header file generation

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 14:32 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:
On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 10:52 -0500, Yu Feng wrote:
Therefore my opinion on the cycles is that there should not be
unsolvable typedef cycles ( with .h, -priv.h and .c) in a properly
designed program, because these cycles represents solid cycles in your
Class atlas; which (as I can remember) should be avoided as possible. If
one is detected, VALA should throw an error -- even if vala can handle
it; it should throw an warning for this poor design.

While some cycles between classes may be a sign of poor design, this is
certainly not always the case. You often have loosely coupled components
(usually no cycle) but a few strongly coupled classes per component (can
contain a cycle) in well designed libraries. We should really try to
help the developer here. I don't think that possible C header cycles are
a good indication for the quality of a library.

I get your points. Thanks!

Yu
Jürg