Re: [Vala] Xlib bindings?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 12:03:31 +0100
Frederik <scumm_fredo gmx net> wrote:

But I'd recommend writing a vapi file. You can already do a lot of
tricks with vapi files to make the bindings convenient to use in Vala,
like specifying the constructor and free methods or renaming methods.
For example:

A VAPI file plus a series of wrapper classes may be the way to go.  I'd
like to have a consistent and solid level of abstraction on top of the
Xlib library or the X protocol one way or another.

There are X11 protocol libraries written in languages like Java, so I
would imagine that trying to find the right way to represent it should
be clear with a little study.  We'll see what happens while I toy with
the idea.  :)

        --- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.