Re: [Vala] Xlib bindings?

"Michael B. Trausch" <mike trausch us>
writes:

I didn't see any packaged with Vala, and searching around on Google
hasn't yet yielded me an answer, so I am hoping that someone can say
definitively whether or not there are bindings to Xlib (or a work in
progress to that effect).

Any idea?  It would be nice to have.  I'm trying to learn how to create
bindings for it at the moment as I am considering Vala for a project of
mine, but it requires working with Xlib or otherwise using the X11
protocol.

I filled the bug some time ago. It was even recently posted on this
mailing list. I've tried to do a xcb bindings but there is a problem as
xcb uses multiinheritance.

Although xcb is not fully finished I guess we should bind xcb rather:
- It is more OO
- It is future
- It is async
- It is lighter
- It is cleaner

Regards
PS. Could the discussion be under the bug - it is more esier to follow it...
--
I've probably left my head... somewhere. Please wait untill I find it.
Homepage (pl_PL): http://uzytkownik.jogger.pl/