Re: [Vala] Libgee problem

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:04:42 -0500,
Jamie McCracken <jamie mccrack googlemail com> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 20:50 +0100, Nicolas wrote:
In fact, i'm using genie, because i love the syntax.
I making all the available examples in
http://code.valaide.org/category/tags/genie
But the problem i encountering here, i can encounter it with other
languages, because i don't know about the programming techniques.
In Genie we automatically determine the hash function to use based on
type (unlike vala which has to specify the hash function)

I haven't really looked at genie...  But I'm curious, where these
differences come in, what exactly is genie's relationship to vala?  I'd
sort of assumed it was just an alternative source file parser with the
same compiler back-end.

For example, why can genie figure out the correct hash function in some
cases, but vala can't?

--
Fredderic

Debian/unstable (LC#384816) on i686 2.6.30-1-686 2009 (up 10 days,
12:56)