Re: [Vala] Libgee problem

Xavier Bestel píše v St 09. 12. 2009 v 22:42 +0100:
[...]

Excuse me, but I'm a bit lost: I thought the question mark was for
nullable types. What's the link with "boxed" types ?

Thanks,
      Xav

In order to make a value type nullable, you need to convert it to a
reference type. That's what you call boxing. So nullable and "boxed"
types are essentially the same (in C# anyway I think). Though I believe
Vala doesn't actually treat nullable types as reference types, because
there is no way to track reference count (someone correct me if I'm
mistaken). A nullable variable is implemented as a simple pointer here.