Re: [Vala] Libgee problem

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 20:50 +0100, Nicolas wrote:
In fact, i'm using genie, because i love the syntax.
I making all the available examples in
http://code.valaide.org/category/tags/genie

But the problem i encountering here, i can encounter it with other
languages, because i don't know about the programming techniques.

In Genie we automatically determine the hash function to use based on
type (unlike vala which has to specify the hash function)

We currently only support string, int and objects/pointers as the key
part of the dict and I believe it will default to g_direct in case of a
Double which is likely the cause of your problems

Does anyone know what the correct hash function is for doubles in glib?

jamie

Thanks again for your solution,
Nicolas.

In case you are just learning programming (generally speaking), you
should probably consider starting with some more mature language. There
is still a lot of rough edges you can run into with Vala. :)