From: Mihail Naydenov <mlists ymail com>
To: Ali Sabil <ali sabil gmail com>
Cc: vala <vala-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 6:51:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Vala] GPrivete and GStaticPrivate

Ok, further with the extreme novice questions, but how can one pass custom(different) data to new threads?!?

Thread.create accepts a ThreadFunc delegate which is to be executed on the new thread. But ThreadFunc has to be function with no params. So in the ThreadFunc one can only access class members and functions of the class, created the thread, but these are all shared between all threads, spawned by that class.

hope Im not missing something obvious...
MihailNajdenov