Re: [Vala] GTest

Hi,

In the People[1] project we also have been looking into a better unit testing framework for Vala, we had various attempts with vunit, and then vtest, but both of them were not as good as we wanted. We ended up cooking a very simple unit testing framework, that we called "test-it"[2], and that's what we are using now for unit testing People.

The main feature of test-it is the ability to test asynchronous code pretty easily. Also few weeks ago, I wanted to collect all the small helper libraries we have been working on into what would constitute the basis of a Class library for Vala, into a project I call for now "corelib" [3]. Inside corelib you will find for now a copy of test-it, renamed into core-trial, as well as a higher level Xml document processing library (with basic XPath support) named core-xml.

[1] https://launchpad.net/people-project
[2] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~people-project/people-project/people-trunk/files/336?file_id=libselftest-20080124204154-1zhk1kfdbahsx11p-1
[3] https://code.launchpad.net/~asabil/+junk/corelib

--