Re: [Vala] http protocol

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Vlad Grecescu <b100dian gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:15 AM, Matt Emson <memsom interalpha co uk> wrote:
 > Hi All.
 >
 >  What is the best way to do HTTP in Vala? In C# and such, there's a
 >  definite class to use, but not knowing Glib/GTK too well, it's not so
 >  clear. I want to pull down files (e.g. rss feeds) in to a stream (not to
 >  disk), and upload "responses". If at all, the method would need to be
 >  Maemo friendly too.
 >
 >  TIA,
 >
 >  Matt

 By googling a bit I found out about GNet - a high-level networking
 library built upon GLib. As a delicious surprise, Vala already has a
 gnet-2.0.vapi for it!;)

Even better: libsoup (exactly what he wants, a high-level HTTP library).
Binding documentation here:
http://www.vala-project.org/doc/docu/libsoup-2.2.vapi/index.html

-A.Walton
 I hope this helps,