Re: [Vala] Vala on Windows

gege2061 wrote:
It's works fine :)

I've create inno setup installer :
ftp://ftp-developpez.com/gtk/vala/vala-0.1.7.exe
And developpements files : ftp://ftp-developpez.com/gtk/vala/vala-0.1.7-dev.zip

Great, you-re installing dependencies too:)

One thought, though: you're using the cygwin deliverables. Gtk+ has cygwin-free binaries too, available from http://www.gtk.org
(I myself compiled all this time vala, but with mingw)

I suppose binaries will soon appear for vala on ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/ (or someone has to create them ?)

The idea is that, when you talk about development files, you need the lib folder of the dependencies too, their pkg-config files etc. etc. (On the Gtk+ site, these are the "Dev" packages). I tried to set up instructions too, here http://code.google.com/p/gtkaml/wiki/InstallOnWindows)

For your interessement, inno setup config file :
ftp://ftp-developpez.com/gtk/vala/vala.iss
Thanks for sharing:)
One bug: you really meant "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\" didn't you?
I have my Docs'n'settings somewhere else;)

vapi files are installed in C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data (This requires does root privileges?)
Yes.

And, while looking at the gnuwin32 project, I see their installers use the directory structure along the lines of bin/, lib/, share/ etc.
So maybe AppData is not a good idea after all.
I test to integrate Vala language in Code::Blocks IDE.
Super! Code::Blocks has gdb integration right?

Regards,
Vlad