Re: [Vala] GSL Binding updated!!!

On 2008-06-14 01:22:24 (+0200), Martin (OPENGeoMap) <martin opengeomap org> wrote:
   I would like something ruby-gems system. Ruby gems works perfect in
   windows and linux. It suppose that in a basic VALA installation we will

I heavily object to this:
http://www.madstop.com/ruby/ruby_has_a_distribution_problem.html

This article points out several reasons why the whole concept of
rubygems and similar systems is fundamentally flawed (although not all
of these reasons apply to vala).

The gist of it is, systems like rubygems think they know better than the
native package management system (which I must point out they do NOT),
creating a gigantic maintenance nightmare.

Please do NOT adopt such a system.

   have the VALA plugins list to install, uninstall or  find local  bindings.
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8967

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz SafeHex be
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."