Re: [Vala] GSL Binding updated!!!

2008/6/13 Martin (OPENGeoMap) <martin opengeomap org>:
hello matias:

+ implementation of the 'new' operator in all the objects (see samples: http://live.gnome.org/Vala/GSLSample)
great. We don´t need free pointers now hehe.

+ use of [Compact] attibute in all the objects
???
I am not sure what is the function of this, but if not used it in objects the cast does'n work. Example

Without [Compact]:
samplefunction ( (Vector)a );  // in vala
samplefunction ( GSL_VECTOR (a) );  // in C

With [Compact]:
samplefunction ( (Vector)a ); // in vala
samplefunction ( (gsl_vector*)(a) ); // in C

Could someone add this binding to the vala repositories? thanks!
Perhaps it´s time to think in a own VALA repository like ruby (ruby-forge) or perl (CPAN).
I think it´s important differenciate between VALA core (gtk, glib, etc) and external libraries what can be infinite.

I agree

Matias
we cheers up to create opengl bindings :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D . I think opengl are much more easy than GSL bindings.
http://informatica.uv.es/iiguia/AIG/files/header.zip

I will take a look.....