Re: [Vala] """Verbatim strings""" vs. "string" "literal" "concatenation"

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:02:25 +0200
Frederik <scumm_fredo gmx net> wrote:

Hi,

I have seen that the current Vala SVN trunk now supports verbatim
strings. That's a nice feature, but I think that the chosen triple
double-quote syntax could conflict with another feature I would love to
see in Vala someday: string literal concatenation. This would allow more
beautiful syntax formatting of long or multi-line strings, for example:

string my_string = "This is the first half of the string,\n"
                    "this is the second half";

Having the code

    string my_string = "This is the first half of the string,\n" +
                       "this is the second half";

not result in tons of calls to g_strconcat() would also be great, if at all
possible.

--
Andrea Bolognani <eof kiyuko org>